A hearth broke out at London Zoo early on Saturday morning, engulfing a restaurant and store close to an animal petting space, though it was not instantly clear if any of the creatures have been damage.
“Ten hearth engines and 72 firefighters and officers have been referred to as to a hearth at a restaurant and store at London Zoo,” the London Fireplace Brigade stated in an preliminary assertion.
“Roughly three quarters of an journey cafe and store and half of the roof is presently alight.
“An animal petting space is close by. It’s not identified if any animals are concerned at this stage.”
The alarm was raised shortly after 6:00 am (0600 GMT), and it was not till round 9:30am that the fireplace was introduced beneath management.
“Crews will stay on the scene all through the morning damping down the fireplace,” the fireplace brigade stated in a second assertion.
The reason for the fireplace shouldn’t be but identified.
The zoo, in Regent’s Park in central London, opened in 1828 and is now a number one conservation organisation in addition to a serious vacationer attraction.
The zoo stated it was “coping with an incident on website”.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)