Odisha child dies after hot cashew seeds ‘ Treatment ‘

NABARANGPUR (Reuters)-the two-month-old died from burns today after cashew seeds placed on your body with confidence that it will cure fever and stomach problems, the doctor said. Doctors at the hospital at the headquarters of Nabarangpur district says the baby, identified as Akash, was admitted there on January 13 and kept under observation. a critical condition after suffering burns and died this morning.

Akash, son of the village under Bharsundi block Gond Biju Raighar, suffering from fever, coughs, and colds, stomach problems, the doctor said.

The boy has developed septicemia burns and then developed pneumonia, which caused his death,” said the head of the Department (Paediatrics) in Dharani Dhar district hospital Satpathy.

His parents chose “traditional medicine” and placed a hot cashew seeds in the stomach and chest in order to cure, the doctor said.
However, the boy suffered burns and parents took him to Raighar hospital and Umerkote. But like the child’s condition is critical, the doctor was referred to the District Headquarters hospital in Nabarangpur, they said.

The child was hospitalized in the Pediatric Department of the hospital in the district headquarters and the doctor immediately they begin treatment. But his condition is critical and died after a week, the doctor said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.